Mount Abram is a year-round destination offering a unique family friendly skiing and
mountain biking experience in Western Maine. We are looking for a mechanically
inclined individual to join our team as a Lift Mechanic.
This is a full-time year-round position offering the following benefits for all eligible
employees and their dependents:
- Free skiing and mountain biking season passes
- Vacation time for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on food & beverage, apparel, and outdoor gear
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
Lift Maintenance Mechanics ensure the safety and reliability of our lifts by monitoring,
maintaining, and repairing lift equipment in accordance with all applicable rules and
regulations. The ideal candidate holds a competent mechanical/electrical skill set and
demonstrates an ability to positively work as part of a small team.
- Work cooperatively with the Lift Maintenance Supervisor and the Director of
Mountain Operations to help maintain and repair all lift equipment. We have 2
double Hall lifts, 2 T Bars, and a conveyor.
- Summer and Shoulder Season duties include a thorough inspection of all lift
components, tower work, and grip and chair maintenance according to our
preventative maintenance plan. The Lift Mechanic will assist in the routine
maintenance of all our lifts and facilitate the conversion of our chairs from ski to
bike mode and vice-versa.
- Summer duties will include responding to lift breakdowns as we operate both
chair lifts for mountain bike season.
- Duties during the winter operating season include regularly scheduled maintenance, pre-operational inspections of the lifts, as well as responding to lift breakdowns.
- Minimum two years of mechanical or electrical experience.
- Prior experience on lifts is not required, but is a benefit
- Must be able to work under timelines and pressure.
- Must be able and willing to work independently and communicate well with Lift
Maintenance team, lift operations, and other members of the Mount Abram team.
- Individual must be able to adherence to all safety policies and procedure in
accordance with Mount Abram policy and state regulations.
- This job requires the ability to climb and work at substantial heights and in all
kinds of weather.
- Must be able to lift and carry loads up to 100 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license necessary.
- Requires working on weekends and holidays.
- Must recognize the seriousness of this position as the Lift Maintenance team
has a large responsibility of guest safety.